Candidalias

Friday, October 20, 2006

Retirement test run

I love my husband. Let's get that said up front. I love the man to peices!

*BUT* he is starting to drive me crazy. He has been out of work for three weeks because of chest pains and has been talking almost non-stop.

FOR THE FIRST TWO WEEKS I WAS OK WITH THAT~ I was getting kind of tired of spending 7 hours a day by myself, it gets pretty lonely around here with just me and the dogs and cats) its just that we jumped from that to absolutely no time to myself for three weeks... funny but today I actually got time to myself... about three hours... and for some reason I am just that much grumpier about the whole thing.

He goes back to work monday. and I start work the monday after that... so much for "mytime". It kind of reminds me of a cs lewis book I read once where a witch tells the children that there is a castle up ahead with a warm fire and good food. It takes them all day to get there and the whole time they are absolutely miserable from cold and hunger because they were anticipating the food and warmth. So here I am grumpy because I am anticipating being lonely again?

It does make me realize that he and I are going to have to come up with a retirement plan, or we won't survive it! (technically I don't think anyone ever does...?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home