Candidalias

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Himself

My Husband is (in my opinion) one of the most wonderful people ever! now I'm not saying he's perfect!(if he were, he wouldn't be able to stand me...) but he is wonderful. Himself met a cute girl (me) and decided to marry her, not even concidering (much) the fact that she couldn't cook, was a terrible housekeeper, and was basically not much in the way of wife material. He married her, then proceeded to teach her to cook, patiently.

Years of lumpy rice, over cooked pasta, under cooked chicken, not to mention the unrecognizable items followed. He patiently sat down to dinner after dinner with a smile, and occasionally offered a word or two of advice. "Honey, if you put _______ in it while it is cooking, it will taste really good." or, "Honey, I love you, but please don't make that ever again." or "That was really good, do you remember how you made it?" and finally, fifteen years later, he has a wife who can cook ("Please tell me you wrote that all down! I'd hate to go through life and never have that again!").

Yes indeed he married her, then proceeded to teach her to keep house.

Years of pink underwear, bleach spots on all my shirts where I leaned into the washer to get the clothes and "you know what" part of my anatomy dipped into the bleach cup, sinks full of dishes, grit on the bedroom floor, and the soap dish always a little mushy, not to mention all the more obvious things that I always either didn't do, or forgot. But he came home night after night, and only occasionally commented, "um.. Honey, I sure could use some underwear tommorrow..." or "You know, if you put that away right after you use it..." or "Sweet heart, you did a fine job, that __________ is lovely". And now, 15 years later, we live in a somewhat sanitary stage of chaos (what do you expect, I have four teens and their friends!)

To some who read this, they may think of him as a bit over expectant, or pushy or whatever. But it was exactly what I needed! I needed someone to point things out. I needed someone to help without being bossy or mean. His patience with me has been outstanding, especially on the weeks where I didn't diserve it (because I spent the whole week reading or watching movies instead of keeping up with things!)

I have always been a listener, and he has always been a talker. GOD in His mercy put us together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home