Candidalias

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Of shirts that talk

We recently got some shirts for my son. He likes the kind that have those cool sayings like “its ok, I’m with the band” or “people who think they know everything annoy those of us who do.” or one of my favorites, “good hard work never hurt anybody, but why take a chance?”. We are trying to get him a good collection, you know so he doesn’t have to wear the same one twice in a month J. I find the shirts enjoyable for the most part, but I don’t like the obnoxious or disgustingly (or not so disgustingly) sexual ones.
It all started when we found a camouflage shirt that said, “you don’t know this, but I’m standing right in front of you.” and has escalated all the way up to a simple white shirt that states “Mr. Wonderful” which he refuses to wear and passed on to me to give to my husband, but I know he will refuse to wear it. My daughter wants to put an “s” on it and then she will keep it, (Mrs. Wonderful) except that she isn‘t a Mrs. yet. I dunno.
I wonder if anyone has found any really laughable ones like “I like to let my mind wander, but it doesn’t come back” or “How do you keep an idiot busy? Look on back. How do you keep an idiot busy? Look on front”.
Some aren’t that funny, but I laugh at them anyway, because I’m Irish and I have a twisted sense of humor and some things just put an image into my head that I have to laugh about. Like once I read in a book about this kid who was always getting into weird types of trouble, and he said “I’m not allowed to play in the mud anymore, not since I lost the cat.” I almost died laughing. No one else gets it. I’m sure if I found another Irish descendant out there, they’d laugh too. Or at least I keep telling myself that…

3 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Her royal diness said…

    Bub! I love the cat in the mud thing -- almost as good as "visualize whirrled peas." And I'm not remotely Irish!

    (BTW, I am here: http://seaspark.livejournal.com)

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Mrs. Loquacious said…

    I wanted to buy another shirt from my faculty that has the alma mater in the front and on the back, says,

    "Good in B.ed."

    Another one said:

    "The secret to teaching is to appear to have known all your life what you learned this morning."

    =D

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Blogger Wynn said…

    I saw one this morning on a junior high girl

    "I don't repeat gossip,

    so listen very carefully!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home